Monday, January 11, 2016

Exciting News!

Well, here we are a couple of weeks into 2016 already! It seems that each year passes faster than the one before, doesn’t it? As I look back over 2015, I have to say it was a good year! My counseling caseload has grown significantly, and I sense every day, and with every session, that this is my calling from the Lord. I am so privileged to be allowed to speak His truth into the lives of women every day, and I count it a great blessing that I get to do it!

Another great privilege the Lord has seen fit to give me is the ability reach out, through this blog, to others who are suffering with chronic pain and physical challenges. I have heard from many of you, and it is a great comfort to me to know that I am not the only one who wrestles with God over physical pain and loss. As you tell me of the encouragement you get from the blog, my own suffering is redeemed, and I see the good fruit that has come from my painful circumstance. Whenever I know that my words have been an encouragement, my pain is more bearable and my disappointments lose their sting.

And now, I have something new to be grateful for! My friend and mentor Julie Ganschow, whose blog, Biblical Counseling for Women has been encouraging readers for nearly a decade, has invited me to be a regular contributor! I will be posting every week over at Biblical Counseling for Women. Those articles will be a little different from what I write here. They will be geared more toward the issues for which women typically come for counseling, as well as general principles of biblical thinking and response in all kinds of circumstances. I hope you’ll stop by and read what I post there, as well as the thoughts and counsel of the other contributors.

I’m very excited to be a part of this new blog, but my passion is still to help and encourage those who struggle with physical pain and limitations so I still intend to post here, at least as frequently as I have been. As this New Year begins, I am beyond excited to have so many opportunities to share the Word of God.  I can’t imagine why God would give such a broken vessel such an amazing honor, but I guess that is just who He is. He uses weak people to show His strength, and He uses broken vessels to hold vast treasure. Hallelujah! What a Giver! What a Savior! 

No comments:

Post a Comment